Youth Care Worker Job: Join our dedicated team at Youth Development Institute (YDI), a 24/7/365 private not-for-profit agency committed to providing behavioral health treatment services for youth and their families. We operate group homes and a secure Residential Treatment Center dedicated to supporting high-risk youth with complex emotional, mental, and behavioral challenges.
YDI offers intensive and specialized treatment for youth referred by the Arizona Juvenile Courts, Child Protective Services, Regional or Tribal Behavioral Health Authorities, or other state child placement agencies dealing with emotional and behavioral disorders. Since 1997, YDI has been a trusted provider of residential treatment services, located on a sprawling nine-acre campus in Central Phoenix.
If you’re curious about what it’s like to work at YDI, visit our Facebook page to see firsthand accounts from our kids and staff.
Youth Care Worker Description (Youth care worker job description)
As a Youth Care Worker (YCW) at YDI, you will provide direct supervision, implement behavior management strategies, and deliver strategic treatment interventions for youth in residence. YCWs are trained and supported to build therapeutic relationships with troubled youth within a therapeutic community. You will play a vital role in a comprehensive treatment team that includes therapists, psychiatrists, nurses, teachers. And administrators, all united by vision of YDI as a place of healing and hope.
- Must complete Criminal History Self Disclosure Affidavits
- Obtain an Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS) Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card, involving a state and federal criminal background check
- All positions at YDI are safety sensitive, with zero tolerance for the use, sale, manufacture, distribution, or possession of alcohol, drugs, controlled substances, medical marijuana or drug paraphernalia on company premises, company-owned vehicles, or personal vehicles used for company business or parked on company property, as defined in ARS § 23-439.
- Encourage youth to adhere to their schedules and exhibit appropriate behaviors
- Document youth behaviors
- Ensure the safety of youth, both from themselves and others
- Assist youth with maintaining cleanliness in their rooms, personal hygiene and campus upkeep
Youth care worker job qualifications: Knowledge and Skills
- Education and/or Previous Experience: Minimum required is high school education plus 2 years of related experience
- Experience in Behavioral Health Care with youth
- Staff must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid AZ Driver’s license
- Bilingual candidates earn an additional 50 cents per hour
- Guaranteed overtime
- Pay is based on experience, education, and shift worked
- On-site cafeteria
- Life insurance
- 401k match
- Paid sick days
- Free food and drinks
Presented by the Youth Development Institute
Youth Development Institute is private not for profit agency dedicated to providing round clock behavioral health treatment service’s for youth. And their families. Our comprehensive services include managing group homes and operating a secure Residential Treatment Center tailored to high risk youth grappling with complex emotional, mental and behavioral challenges.
YDI offers specialized and intensive treatment programs for youth referred by various authorities, including the Arizona Juvenile Courts, Child Protective Services, Regional. Tribal Behavioral Health Authorities, and state child placement agencies. With a legacy of delivering residential treatment services since 1997, our organization thrives on a sprawling nine acre campus situated in heart of Central Phoenix. Read More US Volunteers Coordinator Job
For an authentic glimpse into life at YDI, explore our Facebook page and hear firsthand accounts from the kids and staff!.
- Size: 51 – 200 employees
- Headquarters: Phoenix, AZ, US
- Founded: 1996″
Youth care worker job salary: Youth Care Worker
Salary: $36,000–$40,000 Per Year
Job Type: Full-Time, Employee
Location: 1830 East Roosevelt Street, Phoenix, AZ 85006
How To Apply Youth Care Worker Youth Development Institute Phoenix, AZ
YDI distinguishes itself through its 24hours/7days/365days commitment to providing unwavering support for youth and their families. This specialized services and dedicated team make us stand out.
Start by thoroughly researching YDIs mission and values. Be ready to showcase your passion for working with troubled youth and your commitment to their well being.